Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life On The Way Devotion-Give Me Your Eyes


Here is a quick study on my favourite Contemporary Christian artist song lyrics, Brandon Heith. Yay-ay!



Give Me Your Eyes-by Brandon Heath


Give me your eyes for just one second

Give me your eyes so I can see

Everything that I keep missing

Give me your love for humanity

Give me your arms for the broken hearted

The ones that are far beyond my reach

Give me your heart for the once forgotten

Give me your eyes so I can see


So often we look at the world without really seeing it. We go about our daily life without noticing those around us who may be hurting. But what would happen if we began to really see the people around us? To see their hurt and joy and pain? We would be seeing with God's eyes.When you begin to look at people the way that God does, you see that we are all hurt, broken, and in need of love. You begin to see the real needs around you. And when you are looking with God's eyes, you feel compelled to help. You may not be able to help everyone, but you can certainly help someone. You may not have money, but you might have time, stuff, or skills. Ask God to show you the world through his eyes, and how you can begin to help his people.


Matthew 25:35-40


[Jesus said,] "'For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?' And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More